Dental Hygiene (And other TV Land problems.)

I'd like to bring up a subject which is hopefully near and dear to all our hearts.



Brushing your teeth. 
The joys of modern dental hygiene as brought to us by the boys of Rooftop Prince.

 Am I the only one who thinks that only on TV (and occasionally movies) do people brush their teeth with so much drama and flair.  (Okay, I know I'm not the only one, because E actually brought this up while we were watching You are all Surrounded!  (Which if you are NOT watching it, you are missing out on some of the most hilarious, well-written comedy-procedural-drama I've seen in a long time.)  But more on that later, you know, when I FINALLY get around to doing a review.)  

I can only presume based on my experience in the theatrical arts (and my vast experience in the viewing arts) that when it comes to stage or screen big is often better.  Which is what must account for the massive amount of toothpaste foam that spills from the mouths of over-enthusiastic brushes on screens across the world.
Yes, that's the infamously named "Rain" not 2PM's Lee Junho.  And He's very enthusiastic. 

I also suspect that someone at the ADA (and it's worldwide counterparts) might be edging for a Olympic contention the way that most actors seem to scrub their teeth with such enthusiasm and vigor.  You have to wonder how many gum-related injuries occur on set after 12 takes.  Aren't you not supposed to swallow toothpaste?

Also, are they putting something ELSE in the toothpaste?  A "pea-sized" amount of toothpaste doesn't usually produce that many bubbles.  Granted, I have a tiny little mouth that resulted in years of unpleasant treatments that leave me with a legitimize fear of the dentist, so pretty much any toothpaste amount produces too much bubblage for me.  And if they ARE do I want to know what it is?

No, No I probably do NOT want to know. 

There also seems to be a prescribed motion for proper tooth care -something which E assures me that most dentists, orthodontists, and hygienists cover during a regular visit.  But I'm usually tottering on the edge of panic induced insanity during such visits and am using all my available resources to appear like a calm, moderately mature individual - because frankly I want to rip off that horrible little bib and run screaming and brandishing cleaning tools.  So I may have missed some basic instruction in the interim. 

 
I know that not all dentists are like this.  I know.  

So apparently, this is how you're supposed to brush your teeth.





Sorry, I mean, it's something more like this: 
  
According a random wiki.

I don't really have some sort of big wrap-up- conclusion to this.  So I leave you with some of my favorite dental hygiene techniques.  


The: We luuuuuuuurve each other so much we brush each other's teeth- Brushing. 

According to google, from the Kpop group Boyfriend's new music video.  


 The: I'm being so sexy while I brush my teeth in an inexplicable location that appears to not have a sink- oh wait, that's probably indicating he just woke up and is being sexy... yet he still just looks silly- Brushing. 

Sorry Minho. 
(Insert pun about being "SHINee" here.)

The: "I've totally got time to brush my teeth because dramafever is buffering right now - oooh, it's back on!!!" Brushing.  


Something's got Lee Min Ho's attention.  Probably the latest episode of Heirs.  You KNOW those sweaters are eye-catching. 
And my current favorite: 

The: 
"I can totally brush my own teeth Tae II!  I can do emo all by myself!" 
"Shut-up Dae Gu.  You are a helpless little puppy, now give me that toothbrush before you injure yourself further, silly person."  Brushing.  


Rookie Detectives help Rookie Detectives when they have bum arms from ridiculous stab wounds
Wow... I feel the sudden need to go thoroughly clean my mouth.  Wish me luck.  
 Watch Adorable Pororo while I'm gone.  

Comments